Thank you to everyone who supported and voted for Proposal P, the People’s Charter.
There is still work to be done. Detroit Peoples’ Platform are disappointed that Detroiters have been denied the opportunity to make city government more accountable to the needs and priorities of its residents.
Nonetheless, we march on for people, power and progress. Join us for the next phase of the campaign as we continue to organize to fix the real problems Use the form below to receive regular updates from Detroit People's Platform.
Proposal P - The Revised City Charter is the People's Charter
Proposal P is for the People, rebuilds Power and embeds Progressive Policy into our City Charter. VOTE AUGUST 3rd!
Proposal P is for People, Power and Progress
Make a Plan to Vote on August 3rd and Vote again November 2nd to fix the real problems
Proposal P is for the People, rebuilds Power and embeds Progressive Policy into our City Charter.
Detroiters voted to revise the City Charter and elected 9 Charter Commissioners in 2017. Over the last 2.5 years the Revision Commission worked with hundreds of groups in a massive democratic process.
Proposal P aims to address many of the problems created by Emergency Management and Municipal Bankruptcy. By increasing transparency and oversight the Revised Charter increases resident voice and power.
The Revised Charter includes policy that will support residents left behind by bad decisions made for Detroit’s so-called turn around. Proposal P will increase affordable housing, bring more community benefits and water affordability.
What’s in it?
- A water affordability plan
- A city Internet (broadband) network
- A FAIR fare for bus riders
- Provisions for truly affordable housing
- Strengthens the current Community Benefit Agreement Ordinance
- A more accountable and transparent Board of Police Commissioners
- An Environmental Justice Office & Commission
- An Office of Disability Affairs
- Support for people over assessed on their property taxes
- Protection of immigrant rights
- Protection of Detroiters civil rights & privacy
- Protection of labor rights & support for Detroit contractors
- Read It: https://bit.ly/proposalp-charter
- Instagram - https://instagram.com/ProposalPeoplesCharter/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/detbillofrights
STAY UP TO DATE
Join our mailing list and stay up-to-date on all the events and activities at the Detroit People’s Platform.