CDC Eviction Moratorium effective Jan 1 until March 31st, 2021 Unless extended.
How to USE
- Any action by a landlord, owner of a residential property, or other person with a legal right to pursue eviction or a possessory action, to remove or cause the removal of a covered person from a residential property.”
- Does not prevent landlords from starting eviction proceedings, Yet actual eviction cannot take place during the period of the Order.
Who’s Covered Under This Order:
Any tenant, lessee, or resident of a residential property who provides to their landlord, the owner of the residential property, or other person with a legal right to pursue eviction or a possessory action, the CDC eviction document.
How To Use Steps:
- Sign name and date the fo
rm on this link:www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/EvictionDeclare_d508.pdf
- Send to landlord electronically or hard copy. **if sending hard copy keep proof. Consider using certified mailing.
Detroit Eviction Prevention Program
Rental relief program providing financial assistance and free legal representation for households who are at risk of displacement 2020-2021. **While funds last**
- Before and during the national pandemic landlord may not evict you unless the landlord follows the legal process
- The program doesn’t stop you from appearing at the hearing yet if approved the judgement may not lead to eviction.
- The program assists renters who have a Notice to Quit or Demand for Possession
- The program assists renters who have a court order summons, complaint or judgement
- Renters who qualify for unemployment
r has experienced a reduction in household income.
- Renters who incurred significant costs or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and
- Has a household income at or below 80 percent of the area median.
How to steps:
- Call hotline. 866-313-2520
- Have documentation (Michigan ID, SS#, verification of income and occupants, document from landlord such as Demand for Possession, also sometimes called a Notice to Quit or Eviction Notice, or document from court)
- If you have a court hearing, notify the judge of your attempt to get into the program.